Sarah Buffie Bio
Sarah Buffie MSW, LSW, founding director of Soul Bird Consulting believes that nothing has the power to heal like supportive relationships. Specializing in trauma responsive care, she helps organizations and individuals disrupt current models of thinking by building empathy and understanding around the effects of trauma. Sarah has worked in community organizing- specifically, Asset Based Community Development, for over a decade and has a deep passion for her work. Her focus is to spread awareness about how trauma affects the brain and body, and teach effective approaches for developing resilience within the people organizations strive to serve, and the people closest to the work, caregivers and direct providers. Sarah received her Masters in Social Work from Northern Kentucky University with a focus in trauma, positive psychology, and mindfulness. With years working closely in her Cincinnati community through her Americorps service as well as abroad with her Peace Corps service in Namibia, Africa, Sarah brings a unique community building lens to the work.
Luna Malbroux Bio
As an experienced facilitator, educator and authority on creating inclusive spaces, I am able to adaptively support organizations and individuals who are hungry to explore personal and organizational biases. With a background in using empathy and personal narrative to help build consensus, I am eager to guide your organization in building more authentic inclusivity to cater to the needs of staff and clients.
- Masters in Clinical Social Work and International Welfare from Columbia University
- Advanced training from Race Forward
- Former Director of Education for Anti-Defamation League Central Pacific Region (Northern CA, UT, HI)
- Over 10 years of experience, serving clients such as the YMCA, Girls Who Code and the University of Pacific
- Featured speaker on race relations at colleges, universities and conferences
Healing traditionally implies fixing something that is broken, but our philosophy explores healing as an ongoing process of growth and support. Our brains and bodies have an innate capacity to heal themselves and that is amplified when we are in safe relationships with others.
- Hands on approaches to educate, empower and energize.
- Honor and value the work of direct care providers for clients and communities.
- Conduct asset mapping and trauma mapping for clients.
- Working Towards Equity: Consensus Building Workshops
- Affinity group facilitation
- Understanding Personal Bias Training
- Support leadership in developing organizational practices that improve staff retention and decrease burnout.
- Make knowledge accessible and get to the heart of 'what's next' for clients.
- Share easily adaptable self-care practices.
- Breaking Down Organizational Bias
- Identifying Blind Spots for Consumer/Client Relationships
- Leadership Training- Building Authentic Inclusive Workspaces